Friday 6 April 2012

14- Singapore

I almost didn't do this one.

I have been to Singapore (airport) for about 2 hours in total over 2 visits (to and. From australia) it was a lovely airport. Very big and a bit disorganised

The process I go through with these cards is I think myself of the country and the first thing that pops to mind with Singapore was sky scrapers and water.

I've read a couple of books by Lisa See a while ago and I'm sure one of them was set in Singapore but I could be confusing it with something else

Then I turn to google images for just Singapore. The skyscrapers again and again.

Next I might search traditions / festivals etc. this week however I read an article in a free magazine that's distributed in the uk about travelling to see art. And Singapore was one of the places and it said there is a massive Andy Warhol exhibition. I might update my book page to incorporate this.

They also mentioned a dragon boat festival which looks really good but I did a dragging for china and tbh I'm too lazy to draw another

So I went simple and skyscraperey

16 comments:

abby j said...

Very effective! Well done!

donnalouiserodgers said...

well skyscrappery worked, the glittery reflections are almost as marvelous as you super dooper nail polish!

Donna

gottahavemoxie said...

Wow, this turned out really cool. Love all the glittery colors. I'm not sure but it looks like your paper has a cool texture in the background that looks really neat. Nicely done!!

Stefij said...

Thank you. The paper is weird. I bought it by accident as I thought it was a journal back. But it's embossed with a calendar / bingo card effect and I'd you sand the raised up part another colour comes through. I tried it with a nail file but I didn't really do much!

Stefij said...

Thank you.

My nail varnish is Barry m Cobolt blue topped with NYC glitter polish. Think I've been spending too much time in pinterest I constantly want glittery nails

Stefij said...

Thank you x

peggy gatto said...

I really love the use of texture, wonderful idea!

WrightStuff said...

Great sparkles in the skyscrapers :)

Darcy Marshall said...

great skyscrapers, I love what you did with the water, very effective.

mags21 said...

good postcard. like the idea of the water, a good idea.

Janet said...

Love the skyscrapers and the shimmery reflections in the water.

Janet xx

APG Jamie said...

great use of color of the shimmering city's reflection <3

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I was there as a stop over from Australia as well. :) I remember it being so freaking hot and we were there at 4 am. It was still dark. :) Great postcard! Love the glitter. :) Happy Easter! :)

San @ Made in Hem said...

Love your glittery skyline! It makes me want to jump on a plane and sit there enjoying the view!!! ♥

Tamoonstone said...

Fabulous effect with the colourful reflections - very nice

Jen said...

Super reflections for your skyscrapers. Been away so a rather belated Happy Easter to you.
Jen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...